Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Double motivation

Those who know me well can testify that I have a double motivation to most things I do. Please don't think I'm considering myself perfect. I consider myself God's workmanship and still have a long way to go. I've been watching some of the Christian people I care about for awhile now. I feel I need to get some stuff off my mind and offer some encouragement. Remember that if you are a Christian you are representing Christ in Everything you say and do. It doesn't matter if you except it or not. "Our attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus" Philippians 2:5. A friend from work sent me a Bible study email. He says what I want to say better then I can. Here it is.

What about your life? What is your occupation? I've worked a lot of years as a server in restaurants. Pretty dead end career wise, but it gives me such fulfillment to make a positive impact on strangers lives. I don't have to say I'm a Christian, but they all know it by how I serve them. At least, I hope they do! Never mind that, I trust they get from me when the Lord wants them to get from me. Not just the guests, but my coworkers, my bosses, those paid less then I. It's every moment.
Do you work in an office? How do you treat your coworkers? Do you talk about them behind their backs? Do you offer to give them a hand when they need it? Have you ever told any of them they are doing a good job, or thanked them for the help they gave you?
Do you work in sales or customer service? Jesus said, whoever wants to become first among you must serve the rest of you like a slave. (Matthew 20:27) I am confident that if you approach your job as God's work, then you are fulfilling his calling. Serve in love, not in obligation to a paycheck.....
Start at his word, then pray on it. Love each other. Give your time to each other. Seize the day to share time with others, especially those you don't know well. Approach them with openness and love, instead of suspicion. Open your arms, open your hearts, and open your minds. I promise, God will speak to you, and show you His way for you. The moment you begin to trust is the moment you see him working.
This is my challenge. Give one day to Him. When you wake in the morning, pray, and say, Lord, this is your day. I give all I do today to you. Give me the strength of will and mind and heart to constantly give my all to you over and over today, so that I may not forget that today is your day.
Then, go about your business. Do what your life needs that day, but do it in a spirit of love and sacrifice. I challenge you. I dare you. Try it. Can you do it? Andi Bloemker, "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

were you listening to me talk to other people?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home