Saturday, June 16, 2007

Short road trip recap

Well Jenny and I have come back from our week long adventure. It has been an absolutely amazing trip. We traveled a total of 2,416 miles. I knew I was going to have fun but I didn't expect to enjoy myself as much as I did. I wrote in my journal Thursday night that I feel so refreshed and happy. Like I didn't just take a break from work but that I've done something extraordinary. On the way home Friday night Jenny I brain stormed some things we learned on our travels. Here is some of the stuff we came up with.

1. Make sure you're aware of the speed limit. Being from out of state is not an
excuse.
2. Your knees need sunscreen too!
3. To avoid forest fires, if your camp stove is leaking gas clean it up before
lighting it again!
4. Make sure you have your pillow!
5. Get to your campsite before dark. Putting it up with the light of a small
flashlight is not fun.
6. Soak charcoal before lighting
7. The bumpy things on the side of the road are rumble strips, Not vibrators!
8. Make sure you have extra batteries
9. Be careful where you shine your flashlight in the outhouse.
10. Make sure you look at a current calender when making reservations!
11. Use caution in the trains bathroom if it's going to be starting or stopping soon!
12. Money is not waterproof!
13. Saloon girl costumes are too short, especially for tall people!!

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Matt Johnson said...

Welcome back, Viv and Jenny! I'm glad you guys had fun on your trip. The pictures you took came out great, Viv. I still need to get you set up with a Flickr or Photobucket account so you can start putting them online.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i've learned that sunscreen is very important... even on the knees. :)

sounds like you guys had a great trip! glad you're back!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger rocknrobingirl said...

wow, sounds like you had a great adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home