Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Busy Busy Week

Okay... I seriously meant to update this a couple days ago but things happen. The pictures below are of a party I had Saturday night. I've been wanting to have the Jitterbugs over since I moved in. I think it went over really well. People were talking, eating, dancing, being silly, and I learned how to give Jesus a high five. Next time however; I'm going to get more diet pop. I didn't realize how popular that stuff is.

Sunday was a pretty good day to. I made it to church and one of my favorite local speakers was visiting. After church my friend Becky and I went down to the mall to get some stuff for her sister. I was really tired but it was fun to hang out. I bought a chicken launcher. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to use it. he he he.

I went to Bible study yesterday. I didn't want to go at first but it turned out to be a good idea. I really miss being apart of a small group. I need to find a group to be apart of. I know that's where I grow.

Today was a good day. My boss asked me to do something for dance month. I decided on asking the Jitterbugs to come down and dance for the participants. I knew that people had to work so it was risky. I think I was nervous right up until 12:15 today but it worked out just fine. Four of them came and had a great time. The participants loved it !! Some of them got up and started dancing with each other. One of the female participants brought up a guy that was blind and started dancing with him. There was another participant that is a marvelous jazz musician. He has played/toured with many of the people that I listen to on Friday nights. He played for the Jitterbugs so they were able to dance to some live music. Afterwards the participants had a hard time letting the them go. I think one of the Jitterbugs enjoyed talking about swing with some of them. I think I'm going to try and do this again. Maybe in the next couple of months.

So this has been my week and it's only Tuesday.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Beckstraordinary said...

It was a good weekend. No doubt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home