Wednesday, February 08, 2006

ACC

I went to see the African Childrens Choir tonight. They were awesome!! The jitterbugs could take isolation lessons from them. They were not just great singers but acrobats, drummers, and dancers. They barley stopped moving the entire night. For those of you who don't know the African Childrens Choir is a group of orphaned children. Their parents have either been killed by AIDs or war. They come to tour America to raise money for other children in their country. I had to go see them. Those who know me well know how much I have a heart for missions. I've seen poverty first hand. I do realize however; that my knowledge is limited. I haven't been to enouph places to preach on it but I do have some sad stories. In high school I went to an orphanage in Mexico every summer (Rancho De Los Ninos). The kids there were more well off then those in mainstream society. I often think about how old the kids are now and wonder how they are doing. I think the kids tonight reminded me of what God did back then and what He taught me. I don't want to ever forget.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Becky said...

happy valentine's day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home