Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Two More

This has been some what of a depressing day. Another participant left unexpectedly. Sometimes people come and go but there are those that get under your skin. She is a very special person and touched so many lives at the program. Seeing her leave was a very emotional process for myself, staff, and other participants. We had special things that we would do together and words that would mean secrete things. She is the second one in several weeks. I was just starting to get over loosing the last one. At least this time I was able to say good bye. I'm really going to miss her.
After work today I went down to the hospital to visit a coworker/friend. She had a stroke on Thanksgiving. It's been hitting me hard. The program has not been the same. I loved joking around with her. She helped out whenever she could. When I was a student a year and a half ago and I had a different lunch schedule she would always give me some desert. She tried to give me her chocolate pudding tonight. It up set me when she didn't know who I was. She has however; gotten much better since Thanksgiving. I hope she comes back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home