Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two works of Art

I got to work this morning and found this on my desk. Isn't it great! This is one of many things I find on my desk sometimes. The staff that I work with are so much fun and they seem to do stuff just when I need it the most. Sometimes I think of them more as family. However; I don't feel very supportive of this family at the moment. Another one of our participants passed away on Monday and I should be going with them to the services tonight. I don't think I'm going to go. They said that he looked great today but I'd rather remember him as he was. He was such a noble gentlemen. He always had a smile and positive things to say. When I would come in he sometimes said Just a second ago I saw a beautiful bright light come into the room and then I saw it was you. I'm going to miss him. Today I found out however; that he has had 10 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren, and one great, great, grandson so I know at 92 he has lived a full life.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Beckstraordinary said...

Sorry kiddo. I hope things get better for you as the week goes on (also, how cute was that pretzel message?!).

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things are going better this week! By the way, I have just given up on diets, but admire your dedication. I know you can do it. Grapefruit are delicious!
- Venche

 

Post a Comment

<< Home