Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day. I think my dad had a good day. My mom cooked him some lumpia, sushi, beef on a stick, broccoli beef, chocolate moose, and water melon. He got some nice stuff to grill out with and some bins for organizing.

This year Father's Day had a little more meaning to me. Over the years I have learned to think of God as my father but this year I think I understand it more. Recently I have once again gotten a taste of His guidance and loving discipline. It's a strange feeling when you feel crappy and loved at the same time.

Lately I've been listening to some of my friends talk about their fathers. Sometimes it seems like most of the fathers here are jerks. I wish more of them would understand how much God is not like our earthly father. It says "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion..." Isaiah 30:18 and "He is Father to the Fatherless..." Psalms 68:5. My father wasn't the nicest one growing up but I've seen him try to change. With God's help I have learned to forgive him. If there is anybody reading this that didn't have a good relationship with their father my prayer for you is that you would understand how much God the father unconditionally loves you very very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home