Saturday, September 02, 2006

Viv Rant

I can't sleep again. When that happens my mind starts racing of issues going on that I might not be fully aware of at my normal functioning level. I would really like to get one them out so I can get some sleep.

I've been angry the last couple of hours. There isn't an exact reason. I've been thinking about how society views Christians. We are all born with the same human/sinful nature. What makes people think that Christians are immune to worldly desires? A close friend told me one time that he felt like he was walking on egg shells around me. I understand that people are going to feel what they feel and I can't change that. It made me feel however; angry, hurt, and incredibly rejected. What makes them feel so special? I've seen other people act the same way my friend did. I wish I can understand the reasoning behind it. I'm human and struggle with issues of anger, envy, lust, greed, selfishness, laziness, and many others. I can easily be condemned. If Christ did not take the penalty for my sins I would be condemned.

The frustration inside me is starting to calm down now. I will take some responsibility for the attitude I mentioned. I haven't been very good at telling my testimony or daily struggles. I can't think of a single person I associate with that knows what I was like before I accepted Christ. That's not right. I will not get into it now. I will say however; that the way I try to live is simply out of love what He has done. My worldly desires and struggles will not go away until I am called home but I know how much God loves every part me.

"I love God's law with all my heart. But there is another law at work within me that is at war with my mind. This law wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is in dominated by sin? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord..." Romans 7:22-25

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mae said...

I for one can say that I don't walk on eggshells around you, but that's part of what being a friend is...
I also have a somewhat unique attitude about religion.
C'est la Vie. Live your life they way you want I say and let others enjoy you if they are friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home