Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Weekend

This has been a great weekend so far. Before going to the dance on Friday a group of people went to Jazz. We eat Cajun food and danced to the Dixie Land Band. Like most experiences dancing outside the Eagles people responded to us very positively. I heard a couple admirers saying "Wow!" They could have also been responding to the price of all you eat hush puppies but I like to think of them as responding to the boogie drop Matt and I did.
After a couple dances we went down to the Bellevue Social Hall. I enjoyed this venue much better then the Eagles. It was cleaner and seemed to have more room. Towards the end of the night there was just a hand full of people and they started playing music we don't usually hear at JNO. People began to cut loose. We got into a circle and did whatever we felt like. I'm not sure if I've ever seen so many Jitterbugs rolling around on the floor. It was so much fun


The start of what will soon be a huge craze



Last night a very large group went and saw my favorite local comedy team 88 Improve. They were hilarious and put on a really good show. Matt got to go up on stage and strike some poses. It was obvious he had drama experience because he did a great job.

I'm really looking forward to Terra Nova tonight.

Thanks to Jittercliff for the photo

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Matt Johnson said...

Wow, this was the best weekend I've had in a long time! Jazz and dancing in Bellevue on Friday, 88 Improv with friends from Lincoln and Omaha on Saturday, and then Terra Nova and... um, Punky Brewster on Sunday night. One of these days I'll just have to move on up to Omaha and save myself all that driving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home